Article Writing Tips
• Research thoroughly. That is the most vital step towards writing an article because you need to know what you have to write. Once you have done the research you can write everything as you understand it. When you have done your research, you know what it is that the topic requires and which stance you will take. You have sources and evidence to support your point along with the general benefits of extensive research. Make your article descriptive by using real experiences of yourself or of other people.
• Create an outline. This way, when writing an article, you have all the material in front of you so that you leave nothing out and it brings your thoughts into focus. Making an outline can be a difficult process for writing an article but it helps in the end. An outline should include a headline, introduction, body, conclusion, and a list of sources. Usually in writing an article, you will be presenting a problem and proposing solutions to it. Therefore, the introduction should introduce the problem, the body should propose solutions to the problem, and the conclusion should summarize your article and call for the reader to take action. The reader does not necessarily share your opinion; therefore, you have to sell them the problem and the solution to it.
• Edit and proofread your article. Writing an article is not complete until you have edited it for structure, clarity, and content. If there are too many run-on sentences in a paragraph, or too many punctuation and spelling mistakes, it ruins the effect of the article. You want your reader to focus on the material presented in your article, not to be distracted by such mistakes. Therefore, after writing an article, look for your mistakes and notice things as grammar, consistency in narrative voice (first, second, or third person) and whether you have followed the topic from beginning to end avoiding extraneous information.
• Do not plagiarize. It is easy to discover plagiarism and reflects badly on anyone who does it. It’s acceptable to research the internet and use sources; however, taking it word-to-word is not acceptable. Paraphrasing, which is the act of rephrasing a text or passage, is also a form of plagiarism. For writing an article, you need to be original and let the words flow from your mind. It is always best to understand your content before writing it so that you can write it yourself as you understand it.
• Realize that it is all about the reader. You are writing for the reader, therefore, you need to figure out who your audience is and then write the article accordingly. The reader likes to hear real stories, real examples, and real statistics. The reader does not theory, but rather, reality. When a reader feels like he cannot to do anything about the problem presented, he will feel anxious. Give the reader as much information in the beginning as you can, give them resource information so that they can make up their mind for themselves.
At Term Papers Corner, we use these tips to help us write your articles so that you have no cause for complain and receive efficiently written and thoroughly researched articles. Make a good choice and choose Term Papers Corner to write your articles for you.