GD Star Rating
As the name suggests a research paper writing deserves a proper research work before its composition. The paper should only be made ready when all the necessary and relevant information and facts are accumulated. Rich sources should thoroughly be studied in order to fetch out suitable and relevant information. The following describes the perfect way to compose a research paper.
What is a research paper?
Research paper is a piece of writing where the candidate is supposed to submit a unique work where the arguments and the interpretation should be properly presented. The research paper should not contain anything copied or extracted from any sources. The candidate can refer to various websites and consult any book as per his or her preference but no sentence should be copied from its source.
Preparations before composing a research paper
A research paper writing is a tricky job to execute as it includes a lot of information and factual data in it. All the information and facts should be extracted from various sources. The candidate should refer multiple sources that offer updated and relevant information. There should be any outdated and irrelevant information as the content of the research paper. Once the research work is properly executed the candidate can initiate the rough draft completion process.
Creating a rough draft
• Before Starting the Draft: Before starting the rough draft, the first thing that is to be done is to estimate the number of pages that one intends to compose as the research paper writing. If the total number pages are not decided beforehand, it would actually be really tough to carry out the procedure of composition.
• Research and Development: The arguments and the subjective points that one intends to put in as the content of the research paper must be kept ready. The sources should be well consulted in order to extract correct information that follows and revolve around the title.
• Keeping notes: While research paper writing taking notes is a vital part. Taking notes help the candidate list the things that he is supposed to fit in a research paper composition. The paragraphs and the subheading classification should all be included in this part. Often taking notes help a candidate to correct any mistakes on the go.
• Organizing the body: After the points, information and the necessary raw materials are accumulated, it is necessary to organize them properly. A computer can be used to carry out this procedure. All the information along with one’s arguments and citations can be put together sequentially.
• Finalizing the Outline: Before attempting any final composition an outline of the research paper writing is a must. This step enables an individual to analyze the thoughts and process them without any problem. This process saves time and influences to submit an error free research paper.
Finalize the draft: After the rough draft is completed writing one should give it a good proof reading. A thorough revision is always effective in picking out the last minute errors and rectifying them.
GD Star Rating
GD Star Rating
The daunting part in research paper writing is in finding the actual research material and sources. The available amount of sources makes a person overwhelmed, so taking specific instructions regarding the availability of information are mandatory. Acquiring the best information should be ensured in the most efficient way.
• The foremost things required to find sources for your research paper are a library and internet access.
• You should keep it simple so that your research does not go out of control.
• The first step to find sources for your research paper is the library. University libraries have great resources, especially the research based campuses. Initiate your research in the journals and books relating to your topic. It is must to look for scholarly journals so that your professor or teacher understands that you have put good effort and time in your search. Using recent works that is relating to recent 5 years than referring to something relating to past 20 years. Make it a point to find at least 5 or 6 written sources for an assignment of 5 page research paper.
• Take detailed notes and write down ideas and specific quotes to be used. Ensure you get all the information required for your research paper. This is essential so that you need not go back or refer the source again. On writing down the required information, write the work citation as well. Noting down each will save time by the time you are completing the research notes as all the citations are ready.
• On finding written sources, research online databases for scholarly journals electronic copies. Databases contain lots of information relevant to your topic and these databases are available through your university or local library as they are subscribed services. These are the best sources for your research paper. Though, initially it may take some time, you will find relevant sources in abundance.
• For additional sources, dig the databases and the links mentioned. You are sure to find abstracts of articles and full text articles. The information available in these is identical to the databases information.
• The final place that is appropriate to acquire sources for your research paper refers to the general search sites in Google or Yahoo. There will be sites that are apposite to form your source list. You can also include the available statistics and articles to augment your paper. However, ensure that the websites you are referring have credibility, so check for websites ending with.edu or .gov, so that they are accurate than .com or.net ending websites. You can also verify the information before including it in your research paper.
• Avoid rushing over the research topics. The more time spent on searching the sources, the better will be your conducted research.
• Avoid sites that lack scholarly credibility such as personal websites, Wikipedia or even sites that sell or advertise something.
• Ensure to cite each source properly as improperly cited sources lead to plagiarism.
GD Star Rating
GD Star Rating
The best and appropriate ways of approaching a literature research paper implies on the introduction as well the literature review presented. These sections are regarded to be very tough to write and hence following the standard steps in writing the literature research paper review sections as well as introduction is ideal for any academic research paper.
• The first step is to explain the work or problem that you are researching. This should be done by describing the issue or by emphasizing the need for focusing on the research project.
• Second step is to initiate the literature review generally and then to slowly progress into the related and specific emphasis of your research project.
• Third step is to focus and write on general themes that are related to your research topic. Similarly, ensure that there are no gaps in research as this will reflect in writing.
• Fourth step is to indicate specific questions on the research paper that your project is facing. This will give room to add your recent review on the topic.
• Explain the importance of project and its focus, besides the variation of the previous research on the same topic.
• Rewriting as well as revising it several times is mandatory. This should be done by taking considerable amount of time so that you do not miss anything or re-write something already mentioned. Take assistance of some sharp proofreader so that they indicate the sections that do not flow smoothly or sections that fail to make sense.
How to approach
• Approaching a literature research paper firstly depends on making it readable. This can be done by using a standard font such as Geneva, Times, Bookman with point 12. It is best if the text space is double spaced with margin 1 inch on one side. Beginning each section on a new page is suggested and adhering to page limits is best.
• Mistakes that can be avoided are positioning a heading at the page end or on the next page. Similarly, confine a table to a single page and submit all the pages in an order.
• Staying focused to the topic of the literature research paper is mandatory. Each important point should be specified in separate paragraphs and indent the foremost line of every paragraph. Specific results can be described in past tense, while the report and the facts should be in present tense.
• Present the points in a systematic and logical order. Strictly remember to avoid using jargon, superlatives or any slang terms and even informal wording.
• It is impossible to employ active voice as it would focus the attention of the reader towards the investigator, than the work. Hence, writing employing third person passive voice is recommended.
• Using normal prose in every section and completing sentences, helps in comprehending the literature research paper.
• Omit all irrelevant information and save detailed information for discussion.
• The purpose and illustration should meet your need of research paper to make the objective complete.
GD Star Rating